Alcohol dependence therapy department No. XX
Alcohol Addiction Therapy Unit
Hospital for the Nervous and Mentally Ill
Ul. Skarszewska 7, 83-200 Starogard Gdański
Tel. 58 562 06 00 ext. 2218 or 2212
Fax. 58 562 36 50
We are an addiction therapy department with a 24/7 profile, dedicated to adults addicted to:
- drugs from the benzodiazepine group
- alcohol and other psychoactive substances (combined)
Undertaking addiction therapy at our facility helps to maintain abstinence in the initial phase of treatment, and also provides the possibility of intensive work on returning to sobriety. The therapeutic program we offer lasts 8 weeks. Attendance at AA meetings at the department is available. Patients are under 24-hour medical and nursing care. In clinically justified situations, we provide specialist medical consultations, laboratory and imaging diagnostics.
We also offer help to people who have completed a basic addiction therapy program in the past, have recently experienced a crisis and are concerned about their sobriety. Then the duration of the program is determined individually after an interview with an addiction therapist.
In our work, we rely on the following methods:
- group psychotherapy
- individual psychotherapy
- therapeutic community
- educational activities
Admission to the ward is preceded by a telephone consultation conducted by an addiction therapist. Its purpose is to determine whether the therapeutic program we offer is an appropriate form of assistance for a person applying for admission to the ward. In some situations, the ward doctor is involved in the qualification procedure. It is recommended that you provide your medical documentation (e-mail, fax or mail).
Admission to the ward
ATTENTION! Each patient on admission to the hospital has a swab for SARS-CoV-2 (coronavirus). Until he receives the result, he stays in a one-person room.
The condition for admitting a qualified person is:
- contacting the therapist every Wednesday between 9.00-12.00 pending admission to the ward (tel. 58 562-06-00 ext. 2218) – no contact means resignation from therapy and removal from the waiting list
- Abstinence from alcohol for at least one week and from benzodiazepines and psychoactive substances for two weeks
- having a referral to a psychiatric hospital, with which you should report to the Admission Room on a designated day by 12.00
- consent to perform a coronavirus test (genetic PCR test)
We recommend regulating formal (official, professional and legal) and health matters (planned medical consultations, diagnostic tests, etc.). Please bring your current medical documentation and the medications you use.
Due to the announced state of the pandemic, passes have been suspended in the hospital, and visits are possible subject to appropriate procedures ensuring epidemic safety. The ward regulations and the therapeutic contract define the scope of use of mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
We have air-conditioned therapy rooms, additionally the department is equipped with an elevator. Patients participate in regular sports activities, and in the spring and summer season they can spend their free time caring for a common vegetable garden.
We are an experienced, open team, constantly improving our qualifications through training in various fields of psychotherapy and participation in conferences and lectures. We subject our work to regular supervision.
- Agnieszka Gorlewska – specialist psychiatrist, extraordinary member of the Polish Society of Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy.
- Wioleta Ernest – MA in Psychology, 1st degree clinical specialization, certified specialist in addiction psychotherapy, 1st degree training in Solution Focused Therapy
- Elżbieta Spych – BA in Nursing, graduate of the Psychological Assistance Study in Warsaw